Email Marketing Manager
FreeAgent is one of the leading online accounting platforms in the UK with over 50,000 customers and continued fast growth. We’re on a mission to make businesses happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances. Our app is already loved by thousands of freelancers, small business owners and accountants, and this role is a great opportunity to be a part of something that makes a real difference!
We’re looking for someone who’s passionate about email with a strong track record of delivering successful, sophisticated data-driven communications. You’ll have a love of crafting engaging copy and customer journeys that offer great value, combined with a curious nature and analytical approach.
We'd love you to apply if you have:
- a passion for email marketing and creating engaging, effective customer journeys
- proven track record of delivering successful data-driven campaigns using email marketing automation
- minimum 4 years marketing experience
- minimum 2 years marketing automation experience
- a marketing or business related degree
- demonstrable experience of email campaign analysis, testing and optimisation
- excellent copywriting and proofreading skills
- super sharp attention to detail
- strong analytical approach
- highly numerate
- good creative judgement
- excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts, CRM and tracking
- HTML experience
- Identify opportunities to improve and develop sophisticated, data-driven communications that will engage our potential and existing customers
- Line management
- Manage and implement quarterly email marketing plan, supporting multi-channel campaigns aligned with team objectives
- Work with in-house design team to create engaging assets including images, gifs and landing pages to support email campaigns
- Collaborate with the acquisition, content and design teams to create and build email campaigns and journeys to engage and convert contacts
- Track, monitor, analyse, optimise and report on email campaigns and KPIs
- Manage customer segmentation to plan and deliver relevant, timely and engaging communications for each audience
- Shape and implement contact strategy to manage volume of email sent, and be protective over customer interactions
- Implement a test and learn strategy to ensure continual improvement of email communications
- Ensure the email marketing automation platform is managed and used effectively
- Keep up-to-date with email marketing best practice and implement accordingly
- Own and oversee email quality assurance processes
- Ensure compliance with marketing and data privacy regulations
Bonus, if you have:
- line management experience
- experience working in SaaS/tech industry
- used Drip, SalesForce, Litmus, Liquid syntax, Github
This is a full time permanent position, working from our smart office in the West End of Edinburgh, convenient for Haymarket station and airport links.
We encourage continual self-development and have access to a generous training budget. We hold bi-annual company hack days. We work smarter, not harder, and try to have fun doing it!
We believe in a healthy work-life balance and we’re a sociable bunch so there’s always something happening outside of work too. In the office you’ll be provided with the best kit including top-of-the-line Apple computers, Herman Miller desks and comfy Aeron chairs. We sit down together for catered lunches every Friday, and a selection of beers, wine, soft drinks, cake and healthy snacks pretty much all the time.
Perks of the job
- 33 days annual leave, including public holidays, increasing year on year
- Family friendly policies
- Childcare vouchers
- Professional development and training
- Contributory Pension
- Private Health Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- Income Protection
- Cycle to Work scheme
Edinburgh has a vibrant tech scene, the world’s largest arts festival, and it has even been voted the best place in the UK to live for the past two years. What’s not to like?
Applying for the role
Our application is simple; just be ready to upload your CV and write a cover letter. Our selection process involves interviews at our beautiful Edinburgh office so you can meet and get to know the team. Don’t worry, we’re a nice bunch and we work hard to make the process as straight-forward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
At FreeAgent, we recognise the power of a diverse team, and we encourage applications from individuals with varied experience, perspectives and backgrounds.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference. We look forward to hearing from you!