Assistant Customer Support Accountant
- A team player who enjoys collaborating in a friendly, supportive environment?
- In possession of some solid accounting knowledge, familiar with everything from payroll to VAT and Self Assessment?
- Passionate about providing first-rate customer service and exceeding expectations?
- Great at explaining complex concepts in a clear and engaging way?
- A good listener and a confident communicator - both in conversation and in written communications?
Then we’d love to hear from you!
FreeAgent is one of the leading online accounting platforms in the UK, with over 80,000 customers and counting! We’re on a mission to take the stress out of accounting for freelancers and small businesses across the world.
We pride ourselves on our exceptional customer support, and to help us continue this we’re looking to expand our Support Team. As Assistant Support Accountant, you’ll assist FreeAgent's existing customers in a variety of mediums, from phone calls and emails, to online chat and live webinars. You’ll help our users navigate the various features of the FreeAgent app, including invoicing, bills, expenses, banking, reporting and VAT. You will also provide potential customers the information they need to decide if it’s the right software for them.
Day to day you’d be helping users by:
- Being the first point of contact for our customers, via phone, email, and online chat, and responding accurately and promptly to customer queries
- Providing training to customers by way of outbound calls, both to people who are currently on a free trial, as well as subscribers who request further training
- Proactively contacting users to see if they need help
- Helping people who are interested in the product, but need more information to decide if it’s right for them
- Assisting the product teams by testing new features or upgrades to existing functionality
Ideally, you will:
- Have a thorough and robust knowledge of accounting processes, supported by substantial experience in something like an accounts assistant or bookkeeping role
- Be highly computer-literate and tech-savvy, understanding that online engagement is crucial to the success of our business
- Have experience of working with small businesses, possess a clear understanding of their issues, and have a keen interest in how the right financial software can help them
- Have experience of using a variety of bookkeeping and accounting software packages
- Enjoy providing first-rate customer service and have experience of this from a previous role
Accounting qualifications (accounting degree, AAT, CIMA or ACCA) will be useful in helping you get up to speed, however being qualified by experience will be just as valuable. Anyone looking to complete their CIMA or ACCA should note that this role will not provide an opportunity to gain the practical experience necessary for these qualifications.
This is a full time permanent position, working from our lovely offices at Edinburgh Quay (convenient for Haymarket train station and airport links).
We encourage continual self-development and hold bi-annual company hack days. We work smarter, not harder, and try to have fun doing it! We want people to feel nurtured and at ease to be themselves, so they feel empowered and engaged to do their best work. We value our diverse team, and the variety of experiences and backgrounds only make us stronger.
Follow this link for more on life at FreeAgent.
Perks of the job
We provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these here.
Applying for the role
Our application process is simple; just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity. Our selection process usually involves a phone interview, a practical exercise and a visit to our beautiful Edinburgh office so you can meet and get to know the team. Don’t worry, we’re a nice bunch and we work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible. We welcome applications from applicants with varied backgrounds and perspectives.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference.
We look forward to hearing from you!