Marketing Automation Manager (12 month contract)
- passionate about all things email marketing - from subject lines and CTAs, to open rates and segmentation?
- experienced in the use of marketing automation tools?
- skilled in creating and optimising complex customer journeys?
- an expert in using multiple data sources to grow and improve communications?
- naturally curious and passionate about customer-led communications, striving to wow customers at every stage in their journey?
Then we’d love to hear from you!
FreeAgent is one of the leading online accounting platforms in the UK, with over 70,000 customers and counting! We’re on a mission to take the stress out of accounting for freelancers and small businesses across the world.
We’re looking for a highly skilled email specialist to join FreeAgent’s marketing Conversion & Retention Team on a 12 month contract. You’ll be working with stakeholders across the business to develop helpful, engaging and effective email communications, encouraging new & existing customers to explore and engage with FreeAgent. We want to wow customers with every communication, helping them feel supported and inspired to develop their business, and put them in control of their finances.
FreeAgent’s marketing Conversion & Retention Team forms part of a wider communications team that includes PR and social media experts, campaign managers and content specialists. We work closely together in an Agile environment, always making sure our work is the best it can be. We pride ourselves on our creative and supportive culture - it’s fast-paced at times, but it’s always fun!
Day-to-day, here’s what you can expect to be doing:
- Identifying opportunities to improve and develop sophisticated, data-driven communications that will engage our potential and existing customers.
- Managing and implementing quarterly email marketing plans, and supporting multi-channel campaigns.
- Collaborating across the business to create and build email campaigns and journeys to engage and convert contacts.
- Creating pitches and conducting research for new email initiatives, working across the business to successfully deliver the work.
- Track, monitor, analyse, optimise and report on email campaigns and KPIs.
- Managing customer segmentation to plan and deliver relevant, timely and engaging communications for each audience.
- Working with our in-house design team to create engaging assets and landing pages to support email campaigns.
- Helping shape and implement our contact strategy to manage the volume of emails sent, and hold a holistic view over customer interactions.
- Collaborating to implement a test and learn strategy to ensure continual improvement of email communications.
- Helping ensure the email marketing automation platform is managed and used effectively.
Ideally, you’ll have:
- A passion for email marketing and creating engaging, effective customer journeys.
- A proven track record of delivering successful data-driven campaigns using email marketing automation.
- Great marketing experience, honed as you’ve developed in your career.
- Excellent knowledge and robust marketing automation experience.
- Experience in B2C and B2B marketing.
- A degree - preferably related to marketing or business.
- Demonstrable experience of email campaign analysis, testing and optimisation.
- Significant experience of customer segmentation and knowledge of GDPR
- Excellent copywriting and proofreading skills.
- Super sharp attention to detail.
- A strong analytical approach.
- A high level of numeracy.
- Good creative judgement.
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing concepts, CRM and tracking.
- HTML experience.
- Experience in creating and delivering multi-channel marketing.
- Experience working in SaaS/tech industry.
- Utilised Drip, SalesForce, Litmus, Liquid syntax, Github.
This is a 12 month contract, ideally starting in April 2019, working from our lovely offices at Edinburgh Quay (convenient for Haymarket train station and airport links). We encourage continual self-development and hold bi-annual company hack days. We work smarter, not harder, and try to have fun doing it! We want people to feel nurtured and at ease to be themselves, so they feel empowered and engaged to do their best work. We value our diverse team, and the variety of experiences and backgrounds only make us stronger. Head over to our careers site for more information including our selection and application process: www.freeagent.com/careers
Applying for the role
Our application process is simple; just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity. Our selection process usually involves a phone interview, a practical exercise and a visit to our beautiful Edinburgh office so you can meet and get to know the team. Don’t worry, we’re a nice bunch and we work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible. We welcome applications from applicants with varied backgrounds and perspectives.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference.
We look forward to hearing from you!